I just wanted to share a few quick things since I’ve had questions about next year’s events and projects – if you’re interested in anything, please let me know!
Current project –
· Little Hats, Big Hearts – in its 3rd year nation-wide, and the first year here in Las Vegas, we are collecting hand-knitted infant hats made from red yarn to be distributed at a local hospital during February – Heart Month. Please see the website or flyer below for full details if you’re interested in participating! Thanks to volunteer Barbara McDonnaugh for helping us get this going! If anyone wants to organize a group to learn/teach/hang-out crocheting or knitting, let me know - we could definitely hold a pot-luck holiday yarn party here at the office some December evening!
· Wear Red Day – Friday Feb. 5 – if you’re interested in getting your workplace/school/etc to go Red, let us know, we have lots of resources and would love to work with you!
· Macy’s Total Makeover Event – Saturday Feb. 6 – More details coming, this is the third year we’ve been lucky enough to host this event at a local Macy’s! Save the date to either come shopping and get discounts for wearing red, or if you’re interested in helping volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org!
· Go Red For Women Luncheon – Thursday Feb. 25 – held at the Aria this year, we will need volunteers to help set up, help with the event, and help with takedown. Please email email@example.com if you’re interested in helping, to secure your spot now!
· Go Red Por Tu Corazon Luncheon – Saturday, Feb 27 – at the Aliante, this Spanish language event focuses on health education and is a fun time! If you’re interested in volunteering or attending, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Heart Ball – Saturday, April 23 – We will be at the Four Seasons again this year, and will need help with set-up, event and take-down. Please email email@example.com if you’re interested in helping, to secure your spot now!
Zumbathon – May TBD
Other ongoing year-long projects: Health Fairs, Speaking Engagements, Advocacy opportunities, Office help – all of these and more available if interested.
Thanks again to everyone for all you’ve done in 2015 and have a wonderful Holiday Season! I hope to see you all in the coming year!