We are committed to empowering our volunteers with knowledge about the American Heart | Stroke Association. Please review the sections below to learn more about us!
We have developed a series of online training modules designed to give our volunteers a better idea as to the work our organization does and how we function. View our online training modules.
View an informational sheet about the American Heart | Stroke Association.
• What Is a Heart Attack
• What Is a Stroke
• Cardiac Arrest vs. Heart Attack
• Warning Signs of a Heart Attack
• Heart Attack Symptoms in Women
• Warning Signs of Stroke
• High Blood Pressure and Stroke
• How Can I Make My Lifestyle Healthier- lifestyle and risk reduction
• How Can I Manage Stress- how to effectively manage stress
• CPR Fact Sheet- the history of CPR, "Hands-Only CPR" and the AHA iPhone App
• My Healthy Family Tree- track medical history of your family (English/Spanish)
• Go Red For Women- resources and information about women's heart health
• Go Red Por Tu Corazon- resources and information about women's heart health (Spanish)
• Life's Simple 7 - Life's Simple 7 resource with a wellness guide (Spanish)
• Nutrition Education Handouts and Resources - learn about food and health eating
• What Is Diabetes and How Can I Manage It- understanding diabetes and how to control it
• Salty 6- common foods loaded with excess sodium
• Matters of Your Heart- heart disease infographics
• Preventable, Treatable, Beatable- stroke infographics
• What are my chances of getting heart disease?
Library of Informational Sheets
• Answers by Heart Fact Sheets- English
• Answers by Heart Fact Sheets- Spanish
• Let's Talk About Stroke Information Sheets
Take a quiz to test your heart-health knowledge and learn something new!
• Visit the American Heart Association online
• Visit the American Stroke Association online
• Visit our Interactive Cardiovascular Library